Analyst, Equities & Fixed Income (Corporate Actions)
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investment Board (CPPIB), you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $238 billion, and projected to reach $300 billion by 2020, CPPIB is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan to ensure long-term sustainability. CPPIB invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and currently has offices in Toronto, London, Hong Kong, New York, São Paulo with plans for a Mumbai office in 2015.
CPPIB attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Being motivated every day by CPPIB's important social purpose and unshakable principles
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here's an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
We are presently recruiting for an Analyst, Equities & Fixed Income (Corporate Actions) within the Investment Operations department.
The Analyst is responsible for completing critical daily processes relating to the execution of dividends and/or complex corporate action events. Duties could include, but not limited to event life cycle of voluntary & mandatory corporate actions and reconciliation of cash & securities entitlements.
The Analyst will be required to foster strong relationships with professionals across the broader Investment and Operations departments and with external prime brokers, custodians, and counterparties. The individual will also be expected to assist in identifying opportunities for enhancing and streamlining existing departmental controls, processes and reporting.
This position requires a self starter with a strong attention to detail, high degree of accuracy and the ability to meet critical priorities under tight deadlines. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required to work with internal and external business partners as well as the ability to adapt to a rapidly changing investment business and technology environments
Role- Specific Accountabilities
- Proactively research the status of multiple corporate action events for multiple markets across a diverse range of portfolios.
- Process corporate action events on our portfolio accounting system, derivatives sub-ledger, inventory management system, securities lending system and order management system in a timely and highly accurate manner.
- Review and validate corporate action notifications and / or entitlement forecasts as they are received from our custodian, prime broker or lenders.
- Manage voluntary corporate action elections.
- Ensure that all dividend and corporate action notifications are being captured appropriately by internal systems and reporting tools. Ensure that dividend transactions are being posted automatically in a timely and highly accurate manner.
- Ensure that dividends and corporate actions are being processed on security lending and collateral positions and appropriate communication is being sent to all relevant counterparties in a timely manner.
- Investigate and resolve reconciliation breaks created by corporate actions, dividends and tax reclaims.
- Follow-up with custodian, prime brokers or lenders as required for outstanding dividend and corporate action payments.
- Provide support for tax, market and broker maintenance related issues
- Identifies opportunities for business process improvement & ensuring operational procedures are developed, documented, and critical business risks are identified and controls are upheld
- Assists with the implementation of departmental projects and initiatives as required
- Relevant degree such as Business, Economics, Finance, Commerce or other related discipline
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills with advanced Excel skills
- Experience and knowledge of financial markets and instruments, with at least 1 - 3 years of experience working in investment operations, preferably with a focus on corporate actions
- Working knowledge of corporate actions for equities and bonds across international markets
- Working knowledge of portfolio accounting, cash & securities reconciliations, and tax concepts
- Working knowledge of securities lending and collateral management processes
- Strong interpersonal and demonstrated time management skills with a focus on meeting strict daily deadlines
- Team player who enjoys a high performance culture and is comfortable with & flexible to evolving priorities and open to new challenges
- Exemplifies our Guiding Principles of integrity, partnership, and high performance
At CPP Investment Board, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process
CPP Investment Board does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investment Board to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investment Board will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.