Analyst, Business Intelligence, Data Insights and Analytics
Req Id: 359681
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Mobility team offers the best and latest mobile devices, wireless services and Internet of Things solutions to consumer and business customers, with the top speeds, coverage and reliability on Canada’s Best National Network. We love to innovate, embrace big challenges, and live for the newest technology
Bell’s Business Intelligence (BI) Group is responsible for the management and optimization of BI data, systems, and analytics used to create marketing contact strategies, analyze customer behaviour, automate business insight processes and provide insight to drive business decisions.
The Data Insights and Analytics team is seeking a dynamic, innovative and strategic analyst to play a key role in transforming the organization. We’re looking for a candidate who is proactive and continuously seeking new opportunities to improve, with a keen focus on performance measurement. They need to be capable of interpreting results and data to generate insight, with the ability to think outside the box and drive new unique approaches. The ability to influence and deliver results with cross-functional business units is essential.
If you enjoy working with the latest analytics tools and technologies to apply various analysis techniques then this may be the right job for you! This is an agile development environment, working with the latest BI visualization tools and technologies.
- Working with a team of BI analysts to maintain and build automated and ad hoc reporting assets
- Analysis, delivery of business requests/issues/requirements, and conducting quality assurance testing for all BI deliverables supporting various business functions
- Excellent leadership and communication skills required to work cross functionally with business users, other analysis teams, development teams, and IT teams
- Deliver on projects and data strategies that directly support key business drivers
- Work with and present to various management levels
- Maintain and expand your knowledge of BI and current technology through training opportunities
- You have a Bachelors or Masters degree, in a discipline such as:
- Business analytics / business intelligence
- Applied math,
- Computer science,
- Applied science / engineering,
- Management science / operations research
- You have knowledge of, and experience with, SQL, SAS, and data visualization tools
- You are highly analytical and understand the basic principles of working with large and complex data sets
- You have the ability to leverage insights and opportunities from data and metrics to build strategies and make recommendations
- You have the ability to work with a team towards common goals
- You are able to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- You are a self starter who is comfortable working with and presenting to all management levels
- Experience with data systems such as Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata, SAS, MicroStrategy or others
- Experience with BI and data warehouse technologies
- Basic working knowledge of project management steps
- Experience in Telecommunications
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Ontario : Mississauga
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 05/06/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.